d20 Future: CODEX GALACTICA
Galactic Concord Security Clearance
SECLAR for shorts, means the level of classification that information has depending on how important it is to Galactic Concord security. A character with a SECLAR access level can view documentation and access areas with the same SECLAR or less. Document of higher SECLAR classification can be given to characters on a mission by mission basic. Depending on rank and position a character will have the following SECLARs:
0 – UNCLASSIFIED
Unclassified information is common knowledge, widely available to civilians or other non-military personnel through the media or other public sources. Galacnet entries with everyday information like online magazines and news networks.
1 – RESTRICTED
This information may be available through certain public sources with limited access, such as political or military affairs analysis publications. SECLAR-1 information is often available to interstellar merchants and explorers through sometimes-unreliable sources. All Galactic Concord personnel have at least a SECLAR-1. An Ensign is given SECLAR-1 when he is given his first mission. SECLAR-1 is the same as having access to all the data that a normal person has, with the added bonus of having access to military facilities inside the boundaries of his duties. Enlisted personnel, civilians working with military personnel and passengers are also given SECLAR-1.
2 – CLASSIFIED
Classified information is available only through official channels. All security personnel and many officers have at least SECLAR-2. A Lieutenant Junior Grade is given SECLAR-2, but if given the command of other personnel he can be upgraded to SECLAR-3. This level allows access to a full Individual file that doesn’t have a tar Law Classification file.
3 – CONFIDENTIAL
All Galactic Concord Intelligence personnel, most security officers and most department heads have SECLAR-3. A full Lieutenant has SECLAR-3 and that gives him access to multiple security areas on his range of duty. This allows him to gain access to information classified as Star Law Classification that is pertinent to his work only.
4 – SECRET
Most senior Security Officers and most command-rank officers have a SECLAR-4. A Lieutenant Commander on the Galactic Concord Military has a SECLAR-4. Access to add information to files with Star Law Classification is given in this SECLAR. He can access all Star Law Classification files. Access to the ship’s secured areas like the armory, are given with this rating.
5 – SECRET
Most Intelligence Officers of low rank have SECLAR 4 or 5. A Commander gains SECLAR-5 which allows him to create Star Law Classification files, access to the main systems of a starship under his responsibilities, and access to weapons and equipment under his responsibility. Individual files can be viewed unless they have data of higher SECLAR. An officer with SECLAR-5 can declassified a specific file for lower ranks to study.
6 – TOP SECRET
A First Officer and Captain of a Starship and a Commander of a Marine Platoon had SECLAR-6. An officer with this SECLAR can add information to Star Law Classification files.
7 – TOP SECRET
A Concord Administrator , Fleet Captain, Starbase Commander, Planetary Government Official, all have SECLAR-7. They can create a Star Law Classification file. Move resources to investigate and end a treat to the Galactic Concord and even make recommendations to standard files. Most Intelligence officers of high rank and certain flag rank officers have a SECLAR-7.
8 – MOST SECRET
SECLAR-8 is used only on a case-by-case basis. Individuals with this rating are limityed to top-echelon officers of the Command and Intelligence. An Admiral, Council Member or high government official, all have SECLAR-8.
9 – ULTRA SECRET
This rating exist only for situations of extense importance to G.C. security. A Fleet Admiral, High Council Member and the Galactic Council President have SECLAR-9. They can modify and erase Star Law Classification files.
EXAMPLE OF A INDIVIDUAL FILE INFORMATION DEPENDING ON SECLAR:
Galactic Concord Military
Star Law classification: SECLAR-3 (one file), SECLAR-4 (all files), SECLAR-5 (reclassified), SECLAR-6 (add info), SECLAR-7 (create), SECLAR-8 (declassify), SECLAR-9 (delete).
TABLE OF ALL SECLARS BY RANK AND POSITION:
Galactic Concord Military
- Starfleet - Marine - Security Officer - Administrative/Intelligence Rank - Others
- None - None - None - None - Civilian.
- Cadet, Ensign - Recruit —None -- None – Enlisted Civilian.
- Lieutenant Junior Grade, Cadet Trainer. - Squad Leader - Low-Level - None - Civilian Team Leader.
- Lieutenant - Sergeant - Low-Level - First –Level - Civilian Head of Research, Low-Level Civilian Government Official.
- Lieutenant Commander. Chief of Department - Coronel. Platoon Leader—- Medium-Level - Third-Level - Medium-Level Civilian Government Official.
- Commander - Captain - Medium-Level - Fifth-Level - High-Level Civilian Government Official.
- First Officer, Captain - Commander - None - Seventh Level - Planetary Government Official.
- Fleet Captain—- General - None - Seventh Level - Council Member.
- Admiral - Star General - None - Ninth-Level - High-Level Council Member.
- Fleet Admiral - Four Stars General - None - None - Galactic Concord President.
Galactic Concord Military
- Position over Rank – A Position’s SECLAR supersedes the Rank’s SECLAR.
- Team Leader – A Lieutenant Commander or lower rank that is permanently put in charge of a Team of four or more has his SECLAR upgraded by 1.
- Concord Administrators – The Judges have a SECLAR of 3 at first level and raises 1 per each 2 levels up to a maximum of 7. SECLAR-8 is only given to the Chief of all Concord Administrators.
- Intelligence Officer– The spies have a SECLAR of 3 at first level and raises 1 per each 2 levels up to a maximum of 7. SECLAR-9 is only given to the Chief of the intelligence branch.
- Security Officers – The security officers aboard ships and on installations have a SECLAR equal to half their character level up to SECLAR-5. This rating can be upgraded (or downgraded) depending on the position and rank of the Security Officer.
HACKING A HIGHER SECLAR FILE:
Use the rulers for Computer Use on d20 Modern and d20 Future to be able to find or edit higher level classified information. Add the SECLAR rating, multiplied by two to the DC to any check to represent higher security levels. Computers
Also see Urban Security Codes.